Water Tight Systems Metal Trap Pre-Filters

Do they work? The consensus on this forum if you search around is yes they work. Will they remove all the metal in your fill water? Probably not.

That is why on Amazon its sold paired with a metal sequestratant. If you have metals this will get out some if not most but it won't remove all.

Search around there are several recent threads with less expensive homebrew solutions.

Incorporates New"Filtration Media Materials" to Trap Metals
Not the least bit cryptic and instills nothing but confidence in the quality of the product :roll:

Do let us know how it works though, assuming you have some way to verify whether it has decreased the amount of iron in the water.

Not the least bit cryptic and instills nothing but confidence in the quality of the product :roll:

Do let us know how it works though, assuming you have some way to verify whether it has decreased the amount of iron in the water.

Well what options do I have? My last water test showed zero metals in the pool water. The test can apparently be thrown off by a variety of factors. The fill water is city water, which I haven't tested yet. So I don't know if it is iron, copper, or what. But I had horrific dark metal stains on 100% of the liner and the skimmer and stairs and it took many pounds of citric acid to make a dent in it and weeks to recover from that. Now I have to do $50 of sequestrant a month or it starts to come back.

Well what options do I have?
None that are great. A "dark" stain is not normally iron. It is not clear to me how you identified it? All indicators are that it is metal.....copper almost never gets in the pool unless you put it there through chemistry or you have low pH and it erodes a heater.

Assuming you have metal, you have to identify and cure the source. City water shouldn't be it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.