What is on the bottom of my pool and why does it come back everyday?!?!

Same thing I dealt with for a couple weeks. I slammed and even after passing the oclt still had the stuff settling on the bottom only hours after vacuuming and backwashing. I came to the conclusion that I believe it was dead algae that was to fine for my sand to catch. Done a little reading in the algae prevention forum and learned about the use of HE. Picked some up yesterday, added it to my filter, vacuumed, back washed, and today the water and bottom are still perfect.

I have the same thing. I have been fighting the fine stuff on the bottom for a few years now. I have even slammed the pool up over 30 ppm chlorine in an attempt to kill the algae. Well, it is not algae. I used the duro diesel bag last year and it helped but not completely. I am going to try some de in the filter this week.

Keep us posted if you get toys resolved, whether you have algae or fine dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same thing. I have been fighting the fine stuff on the bottom for a few years now. I have even slammed the pool up over 30 ppm chlorine in an attempt to kill the algae. Well, it is not algae. I used the duro diesel bag last year and it helped but not completely. I am going to try some de in the filter this week.

Keep us posted if you get this resolved, whether you have algae or fine dust.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.