Help with using calculator

Jul 18, 2016
bloomfield, nl
Hi...new to this forum....hoping you can hep. I just have a small 10 x 30 pool for my kids and only have the test strips that came with the pool maintenance kit...according to the test strips the free chlorine is at 0 and I need it between 1 and 3 (according to the strips). How do I use the calculator to determine how much chlorine to add?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Before we get into the calculator, I highly recommend you read this: Temporary/Seasonal Pool Guide

You need to throw those strips away and get at least a basic drop based kit as mentioned in the guide above.

For PoolMath, you just put your volume at the top, your current readings in the left column and your desired values in the right column. It will then tell you the amount of what chemical needs to be added to make that change. BUT .... please review that guide and some more of the information in
Pool School. Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.