New Pool Build - Just filled it, what next

My new pool has been running for about 1 week. Chlorine seems a little low, but dialled up the chlorinator a little bit yesterday. All other levels seem ok. The pool guy told me to dump in a bag of non-chlorine shock once the pool filled, so I did.

Do I need to be aware of anything else? Granted, it's only been a week, but water quality seems fine. Should I be getting the water tested by the pool store? Is non-chlorine shock really even necessary for an outdoor pool?

Programming the pump for speed/run time/turnover ect....Is it very specific to each pool? I can't seem to find a concise post to what an optimum (cost effective) program/set up is.

16000 Gallon, 16x20x32 Taormina Shape
Harward Tristar VS pump

Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!!

The pool guy said... famous last words.... Immerse yourself in just a few posts on this board and you will find that your pool guys doesn't seems to know as much as he thinks....

Anyways...
First thing is get a good test kit.. Taylor K-2006 or TF-100..both are amazing
2nd thing... Once you get your kit, post your results here and some one will most likely be able to help you out...

You may not need a slam yet, but you definitely need to get some chlorine into the water... That's what kills algae and other nasties...

We will need to know what your CYA level is so we can see what the proper chlorine level is supposed to be.. Blindly adding chemicals will be more harm than good so if you know what your current levels are compared to what they should be, you will see amazing results...

Pump run time varies... depends on volume and how many gallons your pump turns over in an hour...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.