Help! I came home from vacation to THIS!

Pooldv,

Not often that I will ever be able to pull a one-up on you but in this case I need to strike while the opportunity is hot... Wife and I just got back from a three week vacation to Europe. I had a neighbor check the water level and empty the skimmer baskets, but nothing else. Here is a pic of the mess I found when I got back this past Friday the 15th..

After 21 days on vacation...

After 21 Day Vacation.jpg

Nice try though!!!

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pooldv,

Besides showing off :cool: , I believe the point you were trying to make, and the one that I completely agree with, is that if you keep your pool by TFP standards and have some automated way to add FC, such as a SWG or Stenner, then taking a short vacation should not be an issue.. I often see where people say their pool turned green overnight. I suspect that the process took significantly longer, they just never noticed due to lack of testing.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, there are definitely a number of signs that occur before a pool turns green. Let's recap. :)

Slightly elevated FC usage
Slightly cloudy water
Slightly slimy pool walls
More FC
More cloudy
More slimy
Even more FC
Green fuzzies on the walls
Trouble maintaining FC
Very cloudy water
Green swamp!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.