New Pool Start and SWG at vacation time

Jul 11, 2016
Merrimack
Hi,
I'd like some opinions concerning a new pool startup and SWG. My above ground 27' round is getting installed and wired in the first week of August. We go away on vacation and wont be at home the entire 2nd week of August. I want to fill the pool before we leave to give the water plenty of time to warm up. It will have a SWG installed but i dont intend on running the filter or SWG while we are away for 7 days. I have no one to watch it. My thought was to bring the chlorine level up with liquid chlorine prior to us leaving on vacation and then running the filter and SWG as normal once we return.I also plan on already having the salt in and leveled up prior to us leaving. My question is do you think this is a reasonable idea and that i likely wont come back to a green swamp? I expect my levels to be off on returning, but i dont think they'll be that bad. Anyone?
Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.