Masons sand is also a bit more "polished", the grains are smaller, smoother and rounder than play sand which is larger and "sharper".

Kind of like the difference between regular sugar and powdered sugar. (Not quite exactly but just as a reference).

Also, Depending on how much you intend to use, a concrete supply place will usually be cheaper. Just tell them you need masons sand and give them length x width x 2" high (or whatever your requirements are).

I just ordered 4 tons (some places sell in yards - I think 4 tons is appx 3 yards). The total was $161.00 and that includes a $65.00 delivery charge (I'm about 20 miles away from the stone place I prefer to use) and that also included 6% tax so the sand itself is pretty cheap.

It's something like $23.00 per yard. For a pool base, the amount is usually waaay too much / too heavy to get into a normal pickup truck. I don't even bother to get smaller amounts in my 1 ton dually. It's easier to get it dropped off and I don't have to hose out the truck afterwards.

Cheaper and easier than 50 or 60lb bags from Lowes in most cases. (But I think that may also depend on your place of residence). We have quite a number of quarries , stone places etc in PA so I'm guessing that effects price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.