Bottom Drain on AGP?

I have one. I like it because a) I can circulate the water at levels below the skimmer if I need to (haven't needed to yet) and b) mostly it really cuts down on the amount of crud...I hardly ever have to vacume. Easy way is the kids make a whirlpool and I just use the pole brush to push any crud to the center, and the bottom drain sucks it all up. Works wonders.

You do have to be careful to winterize it properly if you are in an area prone to freezing temps. Also if installed incorrectly you can have real liner problems, I saw that on my SIL's pool - she has one too.

But I agree, it's certainly not a necessity.

I have a bottom drain as well. I didn't ask for it but was told that all installs by the installer I used includes a bottom drain. As frustratedpoolmom mentioned, the main reason that I like it is I don't have to vacuum very often. I think I may have vacuumed twice last year and the pool got some heavy use. The last one out was responsible for creating the whirlpool. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.