First Visit to the Pool Store in Two Years to ...

On the opposite side of the sales counter was where a teenage summer employee was sloppily testing water and advising customers on what type of expensive magical potion they should buy to solve their problems. I got in and out of the store as fast as possible to get back to my (inexpensive) sparkly pool.

When going into a pool $tore just remember this:

No! Is a complete sentence. You can add on thank you if you would like to but.......If they try to push something on you just look at them and don't say a word. That creeps them out LOL

Kim:cat:

I have to go to a pool store soon as my new pool plaster warranty requires me to have a written report every month.

Don't need anything as I will be buying what I need from Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot and Online.

So what can I buy from them when I have to visit every month? Maybe some Muriatic Acid?

Note:
My Local Ace Hardware mentioned they are going to have pool water testing soon. Their prices are higher unless they have a sale But they have other things to buy. Maybe they won't agressively push to buy chemicals I don't need or want.

Went to my local PS for the first time today to see if they had sequestrant and the lady didn't know what I was talking about... Her young, maybe 13yo daughter, spoke up to let me know where it was... $22 bucks for maybe 1/2 gal, not even sure if its what I even needed...

Also checked their prices on muriatic acid, $7.99/gal of 20º Baume.
I'll be going to menards where I saw $3.99 online for the same strength.

They did not impress me... It was 20mins before they closed, so maybe they were busy getting ready to close? I've got one other store near that I might try tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Went to my local PS for the first time today to see if they had sequestrant and the lady didn't know what I was talking about... Her young, maybe 13yo daughter, spoke up to let me know where it was... $22 bucks for maybe 1/2 gal, not even sure if its what I even needed...

Also checked their prices on muriatic acid, $7.99/gal of 20º Baume.
I'll be going to menards where I saw $3.99 online for the same strength.

They did not impress me... It was 20mins before they closed, so maybe they were busy getting ready to close? I've got one other store near that I might try tomorrow.

I called every pool store nearby for HEDP sequestrant and none carry it. They've all migrated to lower cost offerings. So I had to pay the gougers on Amazon.

- - - Updated - - -

Also none of the local pool stores carry Polyquat-60. I found Quat-50 and Polyquad-60. Why do the pool stores hate TFP??

You really don't have to buy anything. I just want your to be ready to hear that your FC is high as they do not understand the FC/CYA relationship. IF they try to sell you something just say "I have some of that at home. Thanks!" Now you can always buy a tube to o-ring lube. It is cheap and something you will need in time. A fun toy or float maybe?

Kim:cat:

I have yet to experience with the pool store! I found TFP right away and knew it was something I wanted to try out first before getting roped into a store! I naturally want to know how everything works and do it myself anyway so while doing research on how to take care of a pool I found the TFP way! So far it has not let me down but I have yet to get into anything bit. I am simply maintaining what I have until we are fulling settled in the home then I will get after the more in depth balance

I don't get how pool stores can sell bleach so cheap... the one near me was 6 bucks a gallon for 12%. Bought the same at Ollies yesterday for 2.50 a gallon. had an ok date. i treat it as 10% to be safe... but don't have to add as much the next day if i am off a little
Wal Mart has raised their price back to normal on 10% now. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.