May 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi There,

I've gained so much in knowledge and ideas by reviewing this site, I thought I should stop lurking. We purchased this house in 2007 with a boring backyard. Installed the pool in 2007. Now it's time to work on the rest. Hoping that DH likes the ABG pool more with a two level deck (calls it "the big bath tub".) I'll update with more pictures when the deck is done next week -- the ugly red deck came down last Friday.

Attachments

• Pool 0.JPG
    Pool 0.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 973
  • Pool 1.jpg
    Pool 1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 974
  • Pool 2.jpg
    Pool 2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 974
We really like are pool. Friends of ours have the same make and model but only 12' wide. They recommended '15 and it makes a ton of difference. We're also really happy with the quality of the pool, so it was worth the extra money.

We purchased ours from a high end pool store and went with their installer. Watching them do it, I was happy we decided to get someone else to do it. We have quite a slope in the back and there was way more excavation then originally realized. :shock:

More progress on the deck...with any luck we'll be enjoying it by the weekend and finally uncovering the pool :-D

Attachments

• pool 9.jpg
    pool 9.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 706
  • Pool 7.jpg
    Pool 7.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 707
  • pool 8.jpg
    pool 8.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 707
Re: New Deck Coming Soon! - DONE with Pics!

I am so happy with how this turned out....all we need now is real summer weather. :party:

Attachments

• pool 12.jpg
    pool 12.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 587
  • pool 11.jpg
    pool 11.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 589
  • pool 10.jpg
    pool 10.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 589
Re: New Deck Coming Soon! - DONE with Pics!

even more pics...

Attachments

• pool 18.jpg
    pool 18.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 568
  • pool 16.jpg
    pool 16.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 570
  • Aerial of House.jpg
    Aerial of House.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 570

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice Deck! I just replaced our deck on the house as well and went from 100sq ft to over 400, however, can't join it to the pool since the pool is over 100 feet from the house. Used the old deck lumber to build an 11x13 solar panel platform.
102_1054.jpg

102_1131.jpg

102_1134.jpg

M

I like that....you have lots of room in your yard.
Are those the solar post caps I see in the picture? We had been debating those. We'll have to do something about lighting on our deck.

yes they are - had to get them out of the USA since there's nothing worth getting up here - these are quite nice - not super bright or anything more of an accent light, we can still enjoy the starry skies at night (something you don't get in the city).
I put LED pucks into the steps so they light up automatically come nightfall.
Yes, we do have lots of space in the yard, two small MX tracks well hidden in the tall grass separated by the creek (tracks soon to be joined via some bridges). Still need to rent a dozer for a weekend to dig a pond and build some big jumps on the MX track.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.