pump and filter size?

bentla

Jul 5, 2016
Trinity Tx
Hi just have a couple questions! First let me start off with the pool size, its 24' AG 13500 gallons, 1 1/2 hp hayward power flo lx pump, 175 lbs sand filter 1.8 ft filtration area 19". Now do i have the correct pump and filter combo? Cant seem to get my water clear! My chemical readings are
FC 5
PH 7.6
TA 100
CYA 40

Really would like some help

I see, also wanted to know if my pump and filter were compatable, would you happen to help out? My pool is on its 3rd day of doing the slam method. It has cleared up some just a little cloudy, im using just regular test strips, and oto drops. I know they arent the best, and also started the bbb method and my borate level is at 50ppm.

The pump is bigger than needed. If it is 2 speed then run it on low. A 3/4 hp 2 speed pump would be better if you are thinking about a new one. A bigger filter is always better but yours is OK. 22" or 24" would be better if you are shopping.

Despite it's name, the PowerFlo LX is not a very powerful pump. On that filter and typical above ground plumbing, the pump will probably only produce about 45 GPM. I wouldn't worry about it unless you see debris coming out of the returns.

The pump is bigger than needed. If it is 2 speed then run it on low. A 3/4 hp 2 speed pump would be better if you are thinking about a new one. A bigger filter is always better but yours is OK. 22" or 24" would be better if you are shopping.

thanks for the advice i'm going to give it a couple more days and see if it clears up/ if not then a new pump and filter it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Despite it's name, the PowerFlo LX is not a very powerful pump. On that filter and typical above ground plumbing, the pump will probably only produce about 45 GPM. I wouldn't worry about it unless you see debris coming out of the returns.

i used some d.e. sand filter aid and didnt see any come out of the returns. I'm going to give it a couple more days for the pool to clear up. Just started the bbb method and started the slam method going on the 4th day. pool was mustard green now its blue but cloudy. thanks for the advice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.