pool install - top seat too short help!!

Jul 17, 2016
hope mills
Hey I'm new here. We just bought a house with an agp last fall, had just started using it for the season and a wall busted out. (It was an old pool and rusted). We bought a new sharkline heritage 24 ft round pool to replace it. We have been doing the install ourselves which has been a NIGHTMARE from day 1 almost 2 wks ago. Had a preexisting deck around old pool that we had to modify and has made it alot harder to work around pool. Already had to take it down once after finding the bottom track wasn't level and wall wouldn't fit the first try. This weekend we finally rented a laser level and got the track level, the wall up and bolted together, liner in, and top coping and stabilizer rails in place. Everything fit fine until we went to put the top seat rails on (I believe that's what they are called, the wide rails that run from one upright to the next). The last one is like 2 inches too short from where it bolts in to the upright metal cap piece. I have no clue what to do now. I don't see how it can be so off when the stabilizer rails and everything else fit perfect! It got dark so we had to give up for the night. We have maybe a foot of water in and cut water off for now til we can figure out what to do. Anyone have any ideas? And is the pool wall secure with only a foot of water and the stabilizer rails on top? We get alot of storms this time of year so I'm worried about wind knocking it over or something before we can get it filled. Thanks!

You should be fine with a foot of water in the pool. Go back around the pool and loosen all the screws in the top rails so it will give you room to move them around. Get a level and a rubber mallet n make sure all your post are plumb and everything should line up. Then you can tighten all the screws down n put the end caps on.

Thanks that's what my husband said we should try to do tomorrow, but we have never done this before so I wasn't sure if it would work. Hopefully that's all it needs! If not I'm tempted to just rip the whole thing out and make a huge firepit or something lol its been awful trying to do this. I can see why install costs so much from a pro now.

One more question, the liner is sitting totally flat on the bottom and against the wall where the water has come up, but the liner above the water line seems like it has air in between wall and liner. The seam is pretty even and sits where the cove is all around. We tried to do the shop vac thing to suck the air out and couldn't get it to work. We will try that again tomorrow too. If we can't get it to suck out the air out will the water eventually push it out as it fills or is that a big problem? Husband says it should push the air out as it fills where the holes are for the skimmer and return jet and he thinks it will be fine? Forgot to add it's an overlap liner.

Your husband is correct. As the water fills the pool the liner will push against the side of the pool.

Watch your liner as if fills, so it does not get any wrikles trapped in it. Other than that, the weight of the water will push the liner tight against teh wall.

When putting together anything, not just a pool, put all of the screws, bolts, fastners in finger tight before moving around and torquing them to their final spec.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.