New liner deep wrinkles

Jul 17, 2016
Auburn, Mi
Hello everyone,

I bought a used, older 24' doughboy and began liner installation last night. Unfortunately it got dark on us before we finished stretching it and we are all new to pool setup. We thought we had it taunt enough and started adding water. This morning, we found about 4 DEEP creases in the liner in the shallow end and a number of general wrinkles in the shallow end as well. I am trying to decide how to remedy this. Should we empty all the water and stretch it further? should we keep filling and try to work the wrinkles out? (I am fairly confident, the deep creases wont work themselves out)... What are the Best ways to handle this. I have never owned or installed a pool before. Keep in mind, the liner is still stretched over the whole pool wall and not yet tucked under the rails.

PLEASE HELP!

You need to stop filling and start draining the pool. Leave 1" of water in the pool and work the wrinkles out. Once you're happy with the bottom, start filling.

I have since posting, drained the pool, restretched the liner and began filling again. Things were looking great until the liner finally started hitting the walls. it was clear then that the foam wall insulation had buckled and fallen under the liner. It was twisted and laying under the liner. In order to fix that, I had to climb into the pool and pull back the liner while my boyfriend pulled up the foam. As you may guess we created new slack and new wrinkles. they aren't as bad as they were before. There are a lot of them, but none as severe. none are "creases" just a number of big wrinkles. I tried the plunger trick, there is too much water now. it's thigh high. the wrinkles are only in half of the shallow. Is my liner at stake or is it just ugly? It's getting costly to drain and refill.

You need a photo hosting site like photobucket or the like.

If you are posting from a phone you can post pictures easily using Tapatalk

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.