Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Booster Pump Replacment Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Booster Pump Replacment Issue

Hi, this site is great and I am really happy to be a part of this. I have a 15k concrete pool. I live in the NE area so when I opened the pool the booster pump would not kick on. I saved a bunch of money purchasing a new Hayward 6060 booster pump on eBay and now I am embarking on installing it myself. It looked easy enough with flexible hosing being used on the front portion but then I noticed hard PVC piping on the top. So I stopped and put everything back together and am now asking for advice on how to convert the 1" PVC pipe connected on the top to flexible piping to connect to the top of the new pump?
    1) 20,000 Gal, 2) DE 3) IG 4) Plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Booster Pump Replacment Issue

Flex PVC would be a good choice. It uses standard PVC fittings and solvent so can be joined to standard PVC pipe. It may be available at some Home Depot or Lowe's stores, or you can order it at http://www.flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cg...VC_Pipe_1_inch

By the way, welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Booster Pump Replacment Issue

Thanks for the quick reply. So that I am clear. Should I cut the pipe at some point and then attached the flex pipe to both end? I have attached some pictures to add more information. Thanks again for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1) 20,000 Gal, 2) DE 3) IG 4) Plaster