Old & New Extendable Handles for vacuum, skimmer & brush spin & slide vs locking

May 17, 2015
Denver, NC
Old & New Extendable Handles for vacuum, skimmer & brush spin & slide vs locking

I have two handles I use for the skimmer, brush & vacuum.
One is an old aluminum set of poles with a screw tightener, the other is a new one with a plastic flip lock.
Both of these spin and slide when I am vacuuming. It is very annoying and takes more time.
I am ready to get some JB Weld out... Has anyone solved this?

Re: Old & New Extendable Handles for vacuum, skimmer & brush spin & slide vs locking

How about a drill and a pin as a back up to the existing setting, just below the tightner, maybe two settings on the inner pipe.
Set it at the short level, drill through both pipes, then an extended setting drill through the existing hole on outer pipe through the inner pipe. You could use replacement pin from the pool skimmer pin or a metal one from a tow hitch or similar.

Re: Old & New Extendable Handles for vacuum, skimmer & brush spin & slide vs locking

That is an awesome idea! simple. elegant. sometimes we go way down the rat hold solving a problem.
Thankful for the community... Head out of hole now. Holes to be in handle next.

Excellent idea...thanks! I too have a pole which is in perfect shape EXCEPT some kind of offset plastic piece inside that if you twist a certain way, it temporarily locks the two halves together. (which stays together halfway through my vacuum job) It is annoying to say the least. You just saved me dough as I was about to buy a whole new handle!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.