Helping a friend convert to tfp

Jun 4, 2015
pa
Friend has a in ground pool vinyl lined pool....water is very cloudy white...pool store has been telling them to add this and that and to stop back in a couple days and go from there....went there this a.m. with my k2006 and....
Fc=2.5
Cc=0
Ph=8.0 was almost off chart
Ta=130
Cya=0
Did the cya test 2 times because i expected it to be high...they have been useing granular clorine out of a 5gal bucket this year and the bucket is about empty....she leaves it sitting out at the pool in the sun....will this degrade the clorine in the bucket ? And why is there not any cya.... i thought with useing the granular that there wouldve been some cya in there...or has this been totaly been robed of everything from being stored outside in the sun....
There stocked on liquid clorine as of now and throwing away the bucket....going back later today to check the #s again
Cya being added right now and ph being adjusted with acid.

Test results this a.m.
Fc= 2.5 added to bring up to 5 as per pool math
Cc= -.5
Ph= 7.4 added mr to lower to 7.2
Ta=110
Ch=475
Cya= did not test...added cya yesterday to get to 30ppm

Was unable to see the bottom of shallow end yesterday. ..this a.m. was almost able to see bottom of deep end.
I could see alot of debris on the steps...told pool owner to vacuum asap and ill be back tonight to retest
d53f1b810540cd240a2305623ea4d58e.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.