Auto pool cleaner for 24' round with dish?

z33tec

Jul 7, 2016
NY
New pool owner here. Just did my first manual vacuuming and I can already see how that will quickly become tedious along with all of the other normal yard work that is needed.

I have 24' round AGP with a 6" dish in the middle. Since it's not that big of a pool, I'm wondering if one of the cheaper suction cleaners would do an adequate job for me? I'm looking at the Hayward Aquabug or the Generic Kreepy Krauly.

I was looking at the robots but they seem like they may be overkill for a pool my size. Most people who have them seem to have larger pools or different shapes. I do see the benefit of not having to deal with the hose though, that would be nice.

I was reading mixed reviews on amazon about the suction cleaners dealing with a dish in the middle though so I'm not sure how well they would work.

Aquabug will probably not work. I have a dished pool also and it certainly didn't work for me. I also tried the Aquabot Rover and the poor guy couldn't get out of the dished area. I think it would have worked if the dish was more of a slope than a drop off. He would drive up but just couldn't get over.

"The Poolcleaner" should have no issues with a dish, it can come out of a deep end :) I have a dedicated suction line and leave it in the pool 24/7

mnHFJvPh.jpg

"The Poolcleaner" should have no issues with a dish, it can come out of a deep end :) I have a dedicated suction line and leave it in the pool 24/7

mnHFJvPh.jpg

Thepooleaner seems to be priced around what some robots are at. Do you think it's worth it over a robot at that price point? Or are there cheaper models I'm missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is awesome, it keeps everything clean off the bottom.. when it is in 24/7 and whenever the pump runs (12 hours a day now because SWG) it hits every single inch of the bottom.. There are no electronics, batteries, nothing that can not get wet.. it is all water and gear driven...

it does not do the waterline (all the time) sometimes it will but the intex actually curves out then up... it also needs a dedicated suction line or put in 2 or 3 times a week in the skimmer.. it comes with both type connections... it does not scrub the pool, only suction...

I am still debating on getting a robot when we do an in ground pool but then it would take my weekly exercise away :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.