Dual intake Index Low Suction

Jul 17, 2016
South Gate
I have a small pool, just 12'x30" - we call it the adult kiddie pool. We just replaced the inflatable frame ring one with a more permanent metal frame version. This new one has dual intakes on the small filter pump. I want to vacuum, but I can't get any suction when I hook it up. Should I run it without the T hose and just use over intake instead?

Welcome to TFP :)

with the new 2 hose safety system it does cut the suction in half or more.. you can repipe a vacuum connection in or put an inline valve in to stop flow from one of the intakes :)

I am not a big fan of the duel inlets. If I plug one to vacuum, I get air in the pump, no matter which way I do it. If I don't plug the second, the suction is greatly reduced. Same with the over the wall skimmer. I'd really like to put one of my old plunger valves on, they have a bigger diameter, and just go back to ine, bit hubby doesn't want me to cut the liner. I'm going to see what my options are when I drain below the inlets for winter.

The over the wall skimmer should include the white "plug" which is a flow reducer. It has a small hole in the center. I've used this without issue in one of the two strainers (whichever is not being used to vacuum) to increase the vacuum suction and it worked MUCH better. I was about to toss the vacuum kit before I stumbled upon this (no, I didn't read the instructions).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.