hgiljr

Jul 13, 2015
Miami, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello all. Back in October 2015 my new pool was finished and plastered using SGM River Rok Lucayan blue. Thirdly days later after brushing 3 times per day, there were streaks. Fast forward to today, long story short after doing an acid wash after draining pool and a no drain acid wash pool looks worse then October. After much back and forth, SGM will cover the materials to redo my pool. In speaking with another pool contractor, he is having similiar issues with some of the have built. This tells me there is an issue with the SGM product. So I fear being in the same spot after 30 days after replastering. So my question to all the experts, should I forget about this product and look for another brand product that is not having so much issues? Let me know what you all think. Thanks

There are lots and lots of people here with SGM pool finishes, most are happy with them. They are certainly on our unofficial list of good plaster manufacturers, not that we keep one. It sounds like they are doing the right thing. I would bet that they will get it right this time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.