New Build-Mt.Pond in Kentucky!

Apr 20, 2016
Lexington, ky
Hi! I've been using this site constantly to learn as much as I can about pools before we gets ours---and feel like it's been a huge help already! I'm so excited to finally be getting our pool built! Construction starts this Thursday and I will make sure to post a lot of pictures! I always appreciate the advice and suggestions I get from people on this site!

Here is a picture of my yard before:
30if4om.jpg

260flw5.jpg

And here is our pool!
659vr7.jpg

It's great to see all the projects etc. on here isn't it!

My recommendation from after week 1 of our build- no detail is too small to completely go over NOW and not later with the PB. Also, document EVERYTHING (meeting notes, what was said etc.)... just in case :-D

It's great to see all the projects etc. on here isn't it!

My recommendation from after week 1 of our build- no detail is too small to completely go over NOW and not later with the PB. Also, document EVERYTHING (meeting notes, what was said etc.)... just in case :-D

Thats a great idea...I'm a stickler for details so I've pretty much been driving my PB crazy with questions already. haha.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I have a question--I do not have a test kit yet--is that something I should go ahead and order? What is needed/which is best for saltwater pools?

And don't forget the SpeedStir! It makes testing fun and easy - not joking. Looking great. I'm sure your excitement level is pretty high this week!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Speedstir is AWESOME! It is a battery-operated magnetic base and you put a little magnet "tablet" in the test tube with your sample water and reagents and hit the button and it does the "stirring" for you - and much more accurately (IMO) than just swirling the tube by hand. Love it!

I found out today that they are not starting tomorrow as planned. :( Apparently they hit rock on another project so think it will cause about a 2 day delay for this project. They are now hoping to start here on Saturday. I wouldn't be so disappointed--but we are going to be out of town for the weekend so won't get to see them draw it out on the yard before they dig. It makes me nervous. They did say they'll send me pictures via text though to keep me updated so that helps.

..Bummer though...

Crickets,

I'm at work and can't confirm the dimensions but I'm pretty sure that your pool is identical to ours. You made a good choice. One word of caution is if you plan on buying a solar cover. Because of the shape (I like to say it looks like a pair of binoculars) you will have to buy a much larger rectangular solar cover and cut it to fit. It was a waste, but we ended discarding one-third of a brand new cover as the trimmed pieces. Then, because the remaining piece was hard to handle/fold, we ended up cutting it vertically in the center into two sections.

Good luck on your build!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.