Liner question, dumb question of the day

Jun 22, 2009
Eustis, Florida
I'm going to purchase this Lomart Verona pool from Pool Supply World:

Lomart Verona 30 Round Above Ground Swimming Pool

I was going to just get a 25 gauge liner but then I saw this Lomart 20 mil/30 ga:

Lomart 30' Round Athena 52"-54" Beaded 30GA Liner | Royal Swimming Pools

I don't even know if that's correct, 20 mil = 30 ga? Royal Swimming Pools says so anyway. :confused:

So my question is, which sounds dumb because they are both Lomart, but is that liner okay for that pool? The reason I am even asking is on another site they sell the same liner and have posted in multiple places that you MUST have a bead receiver and make it sound like you must have some special parts. I don't see on the description of the pool where it says anything about bead receivers but it seems like it should work since they are both Lomart.

I have called Pool Supply World about this but they haven't returned my call yet. Anyway, liners are making me crazy, mil, gauge, beaded, overlap, etc etc. :mad:

Mil's are thicker than gauge in comparing.This is a way of thinking you are getting a thicker liner.You can google comparing pool liner mil to gauge.I would be looking at least a 25 mil to last longer.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

There are 3 kinds of liners - overlap, j-hook and beaded. Overlap and j-hook both hang over the top edge of the pool wall before the top rail is installed. The difference is overlap just gets put over the edge, j-hook has a plastic piece welded on that hooks over the edge. j-hook is easier to make sure the liner is the same height all the way around over the edge of the pool. Beaded requires a bead receiver. The bead receiver hooks over the edge of the pool wall. Look for a uni-bead liner. It has both j-hook and bead, if you don't need the j-hook you remove it and just use the beaded part.

Thanks, unibead sounds like the way to go and that was originally what I planned anyway. Beaded sounds like it could be a headache if the receiver doesn't match (or exist).
Unibead liner offer more designs & options.I have a beaded receiver which is nothing wrong with.So when replacing liner this year I went with a unibead liner.Just cut the j hook off of it.Which is the very top of the liner.No problem installing

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

We used a beaded 30 mil liner and are very happy. One advantage is that if it needs replacing you do not have to remove the cap. This also means if you choose you can build a deck that covers the cap though we are not doing that...I don't think. Of course there is the expense of the track.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.