need help with a leak please

May 28, 2009
hi everyone i have a strange problem i just recently purchased a foreclosed home w/pool when i got the keys for the house the pool was low right to around the return jets i filled the pool up and got it running seemed to be working, the next day it had lost about 1 inch of water so i started searching for a leak with dye and food coloring only thing i found was that all 3 return jets suck in water after being ran if i wait till the next day, they wont take in any water unless i turn the pump on ive never had a pool before so i am stuck i was researching and i have an idea that in my be leaking via the backwash valve.
thank you so much i really appreciate the help mike

Welcome to TFP.

The valve is a good place to check. Can you give us some information about the pool? Ingound? What kind of filter? Is the pump and filter located below the water level in the pool?

Check your waste line for flow when the pump is on and off both. Sounds like a possible bad spider gasket, which is an easy fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.