New owner / First TF-100 reading

Jun 9, 2015
East Meadow/NY
Hello everyone,

Now that the pool is in I need to start reading up on how to maintain. Here are the first readings I'm getting after the pool has been filled. I hope I am doing this right:

FC 3.5 ppm
CC .5
TC 4.0
PH 7.2
CYA - this is where I'm confused. I know when you just fill the pool there is no CYA. I purer my sample in the tube and I filled it way to the top and still see the black dot. I did check if I was doing it right so I used the pool water sample in the kit and had a reading of about 50.
TA 50
CH 100

Now what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I ran the pump for 24 hours to get to temp and I turned off the pump last night and have it scheduled to run from 8am to 4pm. Is that too long? The water is crystal clear and I vacuumed the pool.
f6ebfa64646a6c21ec415e2753142178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you get some CYA in your water. Dose carefully using poolmath to about 40 ppm.

Next, you have to understand what those results mean. read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That'll tell you the normal levels you are seeking and will tell you why they are important and it will tell you how to maintain them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.