Just moved and new IG pool deck has holes ?

TFP_wanna_be

Bronze Supporter
May 26, 2010
Orlando, FL
New house and new pool fun. Never had a sand filter so I plan to read up on that...
Question: what are the holes in the deck that have a slight suction and are inline with the wall jets?

Today was my introduction to the pool.
Has a Hayward gas heater H250
Hayward sand filter S220T
1.25HP motor

The pictures are of the entire pool. And zoomed in on a hole in the deck that makes a sucking sound and has a little suction power - never seen this before....

Any thoughts?
Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 52
Thank you! I'm heading back over to test and get the basics started... I fell in love with my current DE filter and how well it works, but I'm reading sand filters can do a great job too..!! Yes, I want that water to expose the white diamond brite and see the bottom drain. I don't even know how deep it is ;-) at the moment, the pressure gauge reads zero and that's all I know... I never wanted two pools, but until the other house sells, I'll be over both systems...

I'm finding some info that it may be a Hayward Venturi system that pulls air into the wall get and increases the movement of the water... Not 100% sure, but that is the initial thought... It's the wet sucking sounds that have me wondering.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.