Bringing my 1960s concrete pool back from the dead..... Maybe

Jul 15, 2016
Bountiful
So.... I am new here. And it looks like I should have been here years ago.

Some background, bought a house in Utah with an amazing view 6.5 years ago.
Great lot, great neighborhood. Pool hasn't been used since 1995.

A pool facelift in the 1980s left the pool with a failed tile wall and coping cap.
I busted all of that off and started getting into what the pool needed to be usable again.

That was 6 years ago. In the meantime I hired a guy to utilize my large ugly concrete block wall as the
start of a faux rock wall with a water slide. An overflow spa (new, fiberglass ) sits at the top.
My "contractor" got the rebar attached and decided to take $$,$$$ and move on.

That stalled the project and now 5 years later I am trying to finish everything up.

I guess the point of my post is to let anyone that has been in a similar situation chime in if they want.
I would appreciate any comments or criticisms and an thankful I found this site.
The pool and spa will share the filter, chlorine generator and main pump. The pool will be winterized and the spa will be in use year round. I am having some difficulty as I try to envision what the best pool/spa control system will be.

thanks again for any input!

Can you use Photobucket to add pictures of what you have? Many experts here can help and there are plenty of posts from people who literally dug up pools filled in and buried in the ground and got them back and in working order.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.