Would anyone like to comment on this ? It's got really good reviews..

Mark R

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2013
Desert Southwest, USA
It's from Costco so no issue with return. I'm very familiar with TFP method and follow it religiously. I thought maybe another set of eyes on this product might help. Would it help if I was on vacation for 5 days or even if I wasn't ?

Sounds like it might help with chlorine usage as I use a gallon of 10% sanitizer per day during this ridiculous heat for 3 months. Seems like the reviews are excellent.

Here's some pictures and a link to Costco site. I do have very hard water >800 in my pool.. Here are my numbers:

Link: Chlorine-Free Sun Shock Pool Purifier

CYA 60
FC 7
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA ? I need to check, it was 90-100 few months ago
Pool temp is 90 degrees

Is it worth a shot ? Not a replacement for TFP but as an addition.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 174
Lots of folks here are spending a lot of time and money trying to remove copper and copper stains from their pools. Copper will accumulate over time and stain the water, plaster, hair, fingernails, dogs, etc. Also, copper doesn't sanitize pool water it only inhibits algae growth. The primary function of chlorine in your pool is to keep it sanitary and prevent person to person disease transmission.

You can raise your CYA a bit more to help protect the FC from the sun better.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My cell runs 6A @ 24V, or 144W. A 145W solar panel is about 4ft x 4ft.

I would guesstimate the panel for this to be reliable would be about 4'x8' and require storage batteries.

How big is this cell?

Just found it, 35"x35". It may be possible for this to function for a small pool.

For 27000 gallons, I run my T15 cell.at 30% for 12 hours.

Assuming conditions permit a 145W array to run at 30% duty cycle for 12 hours, it would power my cell. This is 56% of that area. So I'm guesstimating this would support a 15k pool for optimum (i.e. unachievable) conditions.

Bottom line: At first blush it seems plausible for a small pool, perhaps <10k gallons

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.