Barracuda G3 Suction Too Strong

Apr 11, 2013
Sewell, NJ
Quite the dilemma here. I've had my Barracuda G3 (love it!) for a few years now working perfectly. This year, I had to replace my filter/pump and now the suction is too strong even with the flow control set to the lowest setting. So now I am thinking about adding another flow control valve somewhere down the hose line to lower it even more. Has anyone out there ever tried this tactic? I'd hate to have to replace a perfectly good G3. I'm also open to suggestions...

That would work if you can connect it in somehow.

If you connect it through the skimmer:

You might be able to get a skimmer vacuum plate that has an adjustable bypass. The nice part of that is that you get at least some skimming also occurring while you're vacuuming.

If your pool also have a main drain, and the two intakes are separately valved, you could reduce the amount your pump is pulling from the skimmer by opening the main drain valve more and closing the skimmer valve a little.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.