Shtocrete Crack cause for concern?

Titan7

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
I have stopped posting on pool progress as I appear to be "Capt. Buzzkill", but it's just been a nightmare. So one more question, shotcrete was done Dec. 15 of last year, the 28 day test result showed it was at 6,028 PSI.

Our 2nd pool deck was finished 2 weeks ago (long story) and now I am waiting on a custom iron gate. Plaster should be done at some point hopefully this year

So I am out cleaning all the debris out of the pool when I notice this crack. It's in the middle of the pool on the bottom, it does not run in in a straight line but basically runs across the entire bottom of the pool. this is in the transition from deep end to shallow end. Normal, should I be concerned?

I just wanted to see what you guys thought, I did advise the PB. epoxy? leave it?

I guess I just want it to hold for few years as we are most likely moving after we get this finally done.

Edit: its small, using a feeler gauge its about 1/32- 1/64" or less in places

F451E090-2A3E-4430-BC69-656B85306989_zps5wtq9w9x.jpg

Believe we will be moving to Frisco, TX in the next couple years, I can transfer out there as can my wife. I visited the office last week, $$ goes a LOOOONNNNGGGG way out there.

Thanks for the info, PB did get back with me as said it was shrinkage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.