can I use my booster pump for main pump untill it breaks?

whytry

Mar 9, 2016
El Dorado Hills, CA
Hello TFP,

My home warranty company will not replace my existing single speed pump under warranty as it is starting to go, the bearings are squeeling pretty bad, and I got them to replace the booster pump once before and it is less than 4 months old. I have the Dolphin pool cleaner now, so the booster is not even being used. I wanted to see if I could rewire the timers to use the booster pump to be on constantly. I have this one Amazon.com : POLARIS PB4-60 OEM Booster Pump 3/4 HP for Pressure Pool Cleaners PB460 180-480 : Patio, Lawn Garden, its 3/4 hp and I'm hoping I can do this to buy me some time as funds are really tight (got pool replastered, and kids football and cheerleading camps) and was thinking the pump would be replaced as the pool guy that came out for the warranty inspection recommended it be replaced but the warranty will not do it until it completely breaks down and he said sometimes it will be 2-3 wks once it breaks for them to finally approve it, as here in CA, I have to get a VS pump, and he said they will typically try to do the minimum, and it takes time.

So is there a way I could change the wiring to the timers and have the booster run all the time instead of the main pump? Atleast until it breaks? or is it just a big no all around and just bite the bullet and save funds.

thx

A booster pump is not self priming and they are high head low flow pumps. So it works ok for the cleaner but not much else.

that must be frustrating on the warranty excuses.

I had to invoke mine to replace a cracked very old multiport valve that was leaking.

The repair guy said when they get a warranty repair service call, it has top priority
the minute it gets booked. Said I would've had to wait 2 weeks if it was just me calling for service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.