Concerned about angle of Hayword Skimmer Intex rectangular pool

Last edited:
Sorry about the photo issues. Can't seem to get them to load. Michelin I did check out your post while researching this site. I was concerned about going up into the reinforced area below the support strap but sounds like it hasn't caused you any issues. I will try moving it up a couple inches and see if that works. All of the sides are at that same pitch so changing the location won't make a difference. Thanks.

It is not really reinforced, it is just the weld of the liner to the strap. No issues whatsoever with cutting through the weld. I did put a patch under the skimmer as a precaution as you can see, but that was just for ease of mind, not really necessary. Good luck!

The angle is no problem as long as you keep the waterlevel in the pool above halfway up the skimmer. Lower than that and it starts sucking air.

- - - Updated - - -

Pics

I really like the look of your skimmer! Is that a wide-mouth? Love how high it's mounted too. I only have a 48" deep pool and don't want to lose water depth, so have been hesitant to make the skimmer upgrade.

Thanks! Yes, it is a widemouth. I thought it looked better than the standard in a larger pool. The height is the same, so no difference in terms of water loss impact. Since you have a round pool, you dont need to worry about the angle issue. Mount as high as possible is my advice. Here are a couple of more pics from my ongoing deck build, soon to be finished.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 104

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.