New pool owner

Jul 15, 2016
Corryton
First time pool owner, 24 foot above ground pool. Just finished filling yesterday and put in, I t hink it was the pH balance, this morning. We did get the Permasalt system. I am sure I will have questions moving forward.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: At the risk of sending you depressing news right off the bat, think of it as positive (learning). :) Once you have a chance to read the TFP Pool School page and other vital links, do a quick search for Permasalt and you'll see what I mean. It adds copper to your water and that's never good. Here are just a couple discussions:
Talked into buying the Perma Salt system
New home with Perma Salt above ground pool

Unfortunately, the pool stores and pool sellers make it sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread. You would be well-advised to stop using that and stick to regular chlorine (bleach) or obtain a Salt Water Generator to create your own free chlorine.

In any case, we're very happy you found us and hope to help you more in the future. Have a nice day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.