Multiport valve hiss

Jun 5, 2015
middletown, nj
had air leak in jandy valve, new seals fixed it. I prime great now, but I loose prime slowly when pump is off.

I listened carefully and hear a hiss coming from the top of the multiport valve (pentair 2' DE). I am going to replace the spider gasket. Anything else I should replace while I am in there that may be causing the leak?

Thank you in advance. All here have been great in answering questions and I have never once needed the pool store to come do work! (besides the closing and re-plaster reno)

Is any water leaking out of the multiport valve around the bolts or center below the handle when the pump is running? If so, numbers 20 and 23 in the following link may also need replacing.
PENTAIR Multiport Valve Replacement Parts
If not, replacing the spider gasket only may solve the issue. Be sure to clean and lube the valve top o-ring (#20) before re-assembly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.