how much clorox to add

grae

Jul 13, 2016
NEW STANTON, PA
I need to know how much liquid chlorine (Clorox) to add to raise my 8200 -8500 gal round above ground pool from FC of 1 to 2. I have the floating pucks. they don't seem to be doing the trick. That reading is from a test strip (HTH) with a count of "one tennessee, two...etc". I will be ordering a Taylor test kit from Amazon in the near future, but for this time it is what it is. I do have questions about the taylor kit as well but one problem at a time. By the by, my name is Kenny.

Actually i want to go to 3 but i wanted to see the graduation. So 13 - 14 oz will raise my pool 1 pt on fc. While i got your attention my PH was between 6.8 and 7.2. My TA was between 40 and 80. My CYA was 30 - 50. I haven't ever used liquid chlorine or borax or baking soda. I've only had the pool for about 3 weeks. I took a water sample to the local pool store. They prescribed a shopping list of their chemicals and 85 dollars and two days later the levels were fine.

Kenny
Welcome. I'm fairly new also, so I'm hoping to save you some time. Suggest you
1) stop going to the pool store. Their tests aren't reliable and their stuff is not needed and expensive
2) Head to the links in my signature...read...read...read.
3) buy a test kit, like the TF100 and post results.
4) use liquid bleach. I get mine at Walmart, the 10% pool bleach. but any non scented, plain old laundry bleach works. How much to add? use the POOL MATH in my signature.
then everyone can help you more easily.

Slowly pour it into the pool in front of a return with the pump running. From what everyone has said, you should be good to go in 15-30 minutes.
That's how long it takes to mix for an accurate reading with a quality test kit. I'd be comfortable with swimming in newly chlorinated water in as soon as 10 minutes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I ordered a Taylor 2006 kit. It should be here by the middle of the week. In the mean time I keep whittling away at the ph and fc with test strips. (HTH) At the present the fc is between 3 and 4 ppm and the ph is between 7.2 and 7.5. I guess my next question is what to do with the floating pucks. (Trichor) My CYAN is +- 50. My TA is +-80.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.