Bugs, branches and other bits!

Hello all, its been about 3 weeks and my pool is still crystal clear! But my issue is that there's all manner of tiny things floating around the water! How should I deal with this? I manually skim and I run the pump for 2 hours daily when I treat the water. I also cover the pool when not in use.

The bugs are driving me nuts! There always seems to be more after I skim!

The goals in determining pump run time are a) keeping water clear, b) keeping water skimmed and c) if you have a SWG, to create enough chlorine.
You are not running it long enough to keep it skimmed so you should run it longer.

What kind of test kit do you have? If you have one of the two recommended test kits, Taylor K2006 or TF-100 test kit by http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html then post up a set of results and we will try to help you. If you don't have one of these two test kits, then please consider ordering one and start reading from the Pool School link at the top of this page while you wait for your test kit. Also, I would get some bleach into that water and run your pump more. Without knowing your CYA level and chlorine level I can't say how much bleach to add, but I would start with about 8 to 12 oz per day till your kit arrives.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.