Air in pump basket

reebok

Apr 19, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Split off of Leak on suction side. Please ask questions in your own topic. JasonLion

I think I have a similar problem. when my pressure rasies approx 5psi, I get some bubbles in the pump basket, and air bubbles out of one return jet. I did read something that said just put pvc glue near the connections coming into the pump? does this sound like the same issue and a viable solution? I've never noticed hissing.

You need to figure out where the leak is before you can try fixing it with glue. By far the most likely place is the O-ring around the lid to the pump strainer basket. Make sure it is clean and free of nicks and cuts and well lubricated.

reebok said:
I think I have a similar problem. when my pressure rasies approx 5psi, I get some bubbles in the pump basket, and air bubbles out of one return jet. I did read something that said just put pvc glue near the connections coming into the pump? does this sound like the same issue and a viable solution? I've never noticed hissing.

When pressure rises in a filter, the suction should decrease and bubbles should also decrease. So what you are seeing is opposite of what I would expect. Is the 5 PSI rise due to a dirty filter or something else?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.