Woman drowns in Above Ground Pool

I watched both news reports on the link. They used the same footage in both reports, but there is no ladder on that pool, and no fence on the yard. I wonder if she jumped off the upper deck into the pool and hit her head.

All sorts of strange accidents happen, I had a cousin that died from a bathroom slip and fall, he was not all that old when it happened either (probably in his 50's). Last year a man I vaguely knew from here died getting out of bed, he had just had hip replacement surgery (he was about 70), was trying to get out of bed, fell and hit his head on the night stand and that was it...

All sorts of strange accidents happen, I had a cousin that died from a bathroom slip and fall, he was not all that old when it happened either (probably in his 50's). Last year a man I vaguely knew from here died getting out of bed, he had just had hip replacement surgery (he was about 70), was trying to get out of bed, fell and hit his head on the night stand and that was it...

We had an elderly couple who were brother and sister that lived together. She fell out of her wheel chair and he hit his head after falling, trying to help her. They both died.

I too thought maybe she jumped from the deck.

I just heard a few hours ago that we had an incident near here (20 miles away) where a father and his two sons drowned in the Sabine River on Sunday, swimming has been banned there for a number of years due to all too frequent drownings, shallow water, moderate current and lots of debris, but people still go to the sand bars and still swim. The sons were in the water and got in trouble, the father went in after them, he got in trouble someone went after him, pulled him out, but he had drowned by then, sons were swept down stream, both of the son's bodies were recovered later in the evening. I know some members of the family.

Ike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.