Aeration and pH rise

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
My pool was finished in March 2016. I'm still dealing with constantly rising pH and adding MA about every other day which I know is fairly normal for new plaster. I've read here that aeration can cause the pH to rise as well and am wondering if I should maybe adjust my returns so as to get less water ripple on the surface? I do like the way it looks but if it's causing issues I can angle the returns down more. I thought though that I needed that water movement so the skimmer would get everything.

It probably won't make much difference. Your returns are there to provide an appropriate flow pattern, not for aeration. The increased aeration due to pointing them upwards is negligible at best. The aeration that would be concerning would be things like spa spillways, waterfalls, sheer descents, bubblers, etc. Those things move a lot more water volume and usually create a lot of bubbling.

If your flow pattern is good, then don't mess with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.