Spa and distance from equiptment

Jun 18, 2016
oakdale/ca
Hello. I'm new to the forum. We just chose a big company to build our pool but just before we signed on it they brought in a new designer who's a rock expert and moved our equipment over 55 feet from the spa. I am wondering if this is going to make the spa hard and expensive to heat. They said it won't. I don't trust this. They said they can't separate the heater to bring it closer to the spa. We were told that it would use more electricity because of the communication between the box and the heater and is worse than the heater being far away. Is this right? They said we could keep the equipment near the spa but it'll be loud with the 3 pumps for the grotto, slide and take up a 12x4 feet next to our patio. Help. Advice? Thanks

IMG_7665.jpg

Not much heat is lost in the pipe compared to the water surface so that isn't a huge issue.

But the air pipe could be an issue if you don't want to have a blower (which are very noisy). Many PBs rely upon blowers because they do not know how to build a spa without using one. If the spa pipes, both air and water, are 3" or more, it shouldn't be an issue. Plus, the spa should definitely have a Hartford loop in the spa wall to prevent the air pipe from filling with water. If they go with smaller pipe, spa performance could suffer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.