Inyo Pump "Sale"

Nginerd

Gold Supporter
May 15, 2016
Howell, MI
Got a notification from Inyo of some variable speed pumps on clearance. The prices seem pretty good, I was wondering if anyone had any experience good or bad to share regarding the Raypak PS165VSP. Price is $490 right now and I was thinking of jumping on it for my build next year. They also have a couple of PureLine VS pumps ranging from $400 to $600, thoughts?

I suppose it's possible that the pump choice might change between now and your build. If you're using a builder, they get good pricing, and might be able to include a good pump for similar cost. Seems to me there's a few unknowns that might shift it in favor of waiting. Just my 2 cents and a bump for your thread.

Got a notification from Inyo of some variable speed pumps on clearance. The prices seem pretty good, I was wondering if anyone had any experience good or bad to share regarding the Raypak PS165VSP. Price is $490 right now and I was thinking of jumping on it for my build next year. They also have a couple of PureLine VS pumps ranging from $400 to $600, thoughts?

Hi neighbour!

Sorry, I don't have experience with either pump. But I do have experience with murphy's law and things going wrong when you least expect it or want them to.

Just based on being able to run to a local pool supply store and get an o-ring when I need it, I would personally go with Hayward or Pentair pumps. If you are someone that plans for things to go wrong and stockpiles extras, great, go with whatever you like that fits your budget.

Just my two cents :)

Thanks Karan, that's a good point. I take it parts for those brands are not typically stocked?

If you're using a builder, they get good pricing, and might be able to include a good pump for similar cost

This is an O/B DIY build, there's a link to my build thread in my signature. I guess besides an opinion on the brands I'm also looking for an opinion on how good the prices actually are. Do these deals come around often?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.