Need help on stenner plumbing

Jun 28, 2016
Sacramento
Hello folks. Hope all is well!

I need help on my stenner plumbing location... I have a pretty "wound" system because of my solar. So there are three valves that make decision on water flow when the solar is on.

That said, I have found two locations after the filter that are "possible" but they are such small locations that it would be too hard to put a new "T connector" into the plumbing without completely re-working the system... unless there are some other unique plumbing options available (like just drilling straight into the existing plumbing like what is done on the liquidator).

Any suggestions? Is it an absolute "no no" to go in the pump drain or the pipe leading from the pump to the filter?

Here are some pictures.

IMG_1521.jpgIMG_1526.jpg

I and many others just drill and thread directly into the side of the piping and install the injection fitting there. Some people drill into a fitting cuff for added sense of security. Either place is fine.

You could drill into the line or tee just above the check valve, or you could drill into the pipe or elbow shown in the bottom pic if that goes to the returns.

As to your question about tapping into the pump suction. It's fine to do that as long as you're not injecting a massive amount of chlorine into the line at one time (which is almost never the case). The only caveat is if you have a heater, you want it injected after the heater.

The small concentration of FC at the injection point isn't going to hurt anything in the pump or filter.

I and many others just drill and thread directly into the side of the piping and install the injection fitting there. Some people drill into a fitting cuff for added sense of security. Either place is fine.

You could drill into the line or tee just above the check valve, or you could drill into the pipe or elbow shown in the bottom pic if that goes to the returns.

As to your question about tapping into the pump suction. It's fine to do that as long as you're not injecting a massive amount of chlorine into the line at one time (which is almost never the case). The only caveat is if you have a heater, you want it injected after the heater.

The small concentration of FC at the injection point isn't going to hurt anything in the pump or filter.

ok. Thanks. I think I sort of needed affirmation with that? One other question... There is a 2 ft section after my pump but before my filter. I could T off there. Think it would be better than going into pump?

i only have solar heating- so not worried about hurting anything. to me- that is bar none the easiest place to add another piece. But the easiest method is definitely drilling direct into something rather than rework plumbing.

Adding it before the filter is fine. The only thing I'd do is make sure that the circulation pump runs a little while longer than the injection pump just to get the FC circulated into the pool. Not that it would hurt anything if you didn't. It would just make sure that all the chlorine was in the bulk pool water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.