Jun 25, 2016
Arab al.
Hi I'm Teresa and I posted a few weeks ago. I would like to say thanks. I got my test kit, tf100, and my pool is clear as a bell, after a severe case of mustard algae! My cya is still a little high at 80, so trying to stay at 9 for FC. Ph is 7.8, TA is 110, FC was 4 today and CC is 0.5. I added the recommended bleach to raise free chlorine. I'm getting the hang of this and I can't believe how beautifully clear my pool is. Thank u so much! So my question is how much bleach can I daily add to maintain a ph if 9 without having to do the Chlorine drop test?
Thanks again ?
Teresa

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 14
Glad to hear you are doing so well. Your water looks fantastic. About your question ...
Thank u so much! So my question is how much bleach can I daily add to maintain a ph if 9 without having to do the Chlorine drop test?
If you are asking how to maintain an FC of 9, simply continue to use the Poolmath calculator (link below & home page). In fact, use the calculator for all chemical doses. That's what it's there for. If you still have a question, please let us know.

That's a great story to hear :) Welcome to TFP and it's great to hear you were able to work through it using all the great resources here.

Some people track their testing and dosing over time and keep a log. After a time (and this varies by pool and usage), they see a pattern that allows for less than daily testing. It takes time, and there's no recipe because of the unique needs of each pool, which reflect bather load, weather, and incoming contamination such as leaves, dust, critters, and the like.