Don't shoot the dog

cobra46

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2007
Rocklin, Ca
So I stay home from work today so I can take my wife to get surgery. She gets up early and lets the dog out back. I get up a couple hours later and the dog has not only dug up a plant but threw lots of soil into the pool in the process. I centainly didn't intend to take a swim this morning but now I was thinking I had to. It wasn't to bad since the water temp was 81 last evening. My first thought was "look at all that organic material in the pool" and my second thought was "oh Crud I wonder if there's any fertilizer in there?". I think I recall that fertilizer is a big problem in a pool. Will look that up later.

140_4028.jpg

For cleanup I manually skimmed the pool and then jumped in and netted what I could from the bottom. There was still lots of dirt down there. I then cranked up the IntelliFlo to about 2500RPM and turned on Bismo (that's what my kids named the Polaris 280). After about two hours the dirt pile is getting smaller but the water is not crystal clear anymore. I'm sure this is due to suspended particles stirred up by Bismo. Bismo got so full he could not remain upright so I emptied his stomach and started him back up again. I also cleaned out the pump and skimmer baskets. Later today I will hose off the carts.

I did a full test last night and my numbers were

FC - 4.0
CC - 0
TA - 90 I know a bit high
CH - 250
CYA - 75
Temp - 81

Two hours after the incident my CL is still 4. I plan on keeping a close watch on this. Anything else I should be doing?

Thanks,

Kevin

Sorry I forgot to post the Ph. Last night it was 7.8 and I added some MA. This morning it was 7.6. It generally rises like all SWG systems but not too much. It has not been moving any faster than usual since the soil entered the pool.

I just emptied Bismo and both skimmers as well as swept the whole pool. Things are looking much better but the water is still quite cloudy. I will keep the pump on until it is clear again. PG&E is going to love me this month.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.