How to maintain chlorine on vacation?

Do you currently chlorinated with bleach? Raise your FC to shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA], and put some pucks in a floater. At the bottom of Pool math is a tool called Effects of Adding Chemicals you can enter the amount and select trichlor and it will tell you how much FC and CYA each puck will add. Be sure to enter pool gallons at the top.

Add your pool info to your signature so that we can better help you. More here on what to add and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Thanks! I will definitely update my signature this weekend!

Yes, currently I am using bleach to maintain FC (but I have left over chlorine tabs from before I switched to TFP).

So, you basically SLAM your pool while on vacation? Assuming the length of vacation is reasonable.

The last time I left the house for a week I just added three pucks to the chlorinator (my demand averages about 2 ppm / day). It helps to do a "dry run" for a week to find the optimal setting. The pump has to be running for an adequate amount of time to erode the pucks enough to satisfy the chlorine demand for the day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.