Cant find light switch

Pete23

Jun 26, 2016
Michigan
I have a light in my pool, but no switch. My only assumption is that is that when I turn the pool filtering on it should start and it's burned out at the moment. Could that be the case? There's only 1 switch near the pool and the homes about a 100 ft away so it cant be inside.

I have a light in my pool, but no switch. My only assumption is that is that when I turn the pool filtering on it should start and it's burned out at the moment. Could that be the case?

I don't think so unless it had at some point been entirely disconnected. My light switch is the the small breaker box at the equipment pad.

Would be pretty uncommon for the light to turn on with the pump.

Do you see a light junction box anywhere near the pool or equipment? They are typically 18-24" above pool water level and have a couple pieces of conduit coming up into a square or round box. They are sometimes close to the switch or installed in a way that allows you to follow the conduit to the source.

I have a light in my pool, but no switch. My only assumption is that is that when I turn the pool filtering on it should start and it's burned out at the moment. Could that be the case? There's only 1 switch near the pool and the homes about a 100 ft away so it cant be inside.

That would seem pretty crazy because those lights are a huge energy suck and filtration is not an exclusively nighttime activity. We were fortunate enough to have the previous owner available to give us a quick pool tutorial because our light switch is otherwise nearly impossible to locate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You'll want to turn the breaker off at the pool equipment.

Or, you said it's tied in to the same as the house? I'd shut whatever main breaker necessary to cut power to the pool and pool light before messing with it.

And yes, the fixtures should be able to come out without draining (mine are out of pool right now due to suspected algae behind them). Usually one screw at 12oclock to remove the fixtures. Inyo pools has a YouTube video on replacing bulbs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.