Second SLAM

I have a round pool with 1 jet so circulation is easy... Mr Bruce said earlier it doesn't matter as long as it gets to the other side of the pool...Mulia says counter clockwise which I agree with more so... You don't have the ability to move the direction of your jets do you?
Unfortunately we di not. They are solid plastic? and protrude from the wall about a half inch. If you turn them they don't change direction just loosen and come off. We are ordering some we can adjust the direction.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I cannot find a ColorQ 700 online. That isn't one of the recommended kits as far as I can tell. Digital tests usually need frequent calibration.

If your pool is forming eddies it is circulating fine. I have a feeling it just needs a good dose of POP (and probably another test kit :))
I got it from a friend. Maybe they do not sell this particular one anymore? So far its been working well. I do have to calibrate/balance every time I test.

Seeing eddys raises a flag to me... Im still new in the process and don't get them in my roundy, but If I think if how they are formed in a flowing body of water (rivers and such), the water eventually makes it out of the calm sections but I can see it being a place where introduced chemicals may pool. The water may not turn over in those areas...unless they were right in front of the skimmers...

If you see it differently , please explain ... I would love to learn something new today as my clean and clear pool is now boringly predictable.. :goodjob:
I was wondering the same thing about the chemicals. The eddies are not near the returns nor skimmers.

Where are your jets? Im trying to figure out if you can get a circulation that passes your skimmers
The 2 circles in my previous picture are where the ones in the deep end are.

b5fb35feb8130c7cf07bdec07452bc09.jpg

Here is the third the fourth is directly across from this one.

Here is how I would do it once you get the moveable nozzles..
1- towards the diving board pointed down slightly
2- towards the other skimmer pointed down slightly
3- towards #1 pointed down to the floor of the shallow end
4- ???.. kind of a wasted placement... maybe as close to the same direction as #3 if possible
20160713_122503.jpg

Not saying this is the best idea but that's how id set it up and do some circ testing

So excited! Our pool has been clear for the last 2 days! We can see the main drain on the bottom. Have not been able to do that before now, it has always been not there or just a vague shadow. CC has also been .1 and under for the last 3 days! So, time for the overnight loss test. My current numbers:

FC: 12
CC: .16
PH: 7.2
TA: 84
CH: 101
CYA: 32

We have some staining to contend with but I can not tell you how excited and hopeful we are.

I passed the OCLT!! Water is clear and my CC was 0 this morning!

Now, for the last 2 months I have been fixated on SLAMing. Do I just not add anything and let my FC levels go down? I am actually a little scared of seeing numbers under 10-12. I have also been doing so much work that it seems impossible that it is over. When should I check my readings? I have gotten so used to checking every hour or two that only checking once a day is, again, scary.

Excellent... Just let them drop down to normal range. Its gonna take some getting used to since you've been fixated for a while.. The beauty of TFP is, once the hard work is done, it gets boring... REALLY BORING... I slammed about a month ago and haven't really touched it since... other than a few gallons of bleach here and there and some brushing/vacuuming...

- - - Updated - - -

Post some new pix if you have them!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congrats! The PH test is not valid when FC IS above 10, everything else can be tested anytime. I would probably wait a day or two for FC to drop to 9ish and do it all at once.

The whole process from when we opened the pool to when we passed the OCLT was 100 days, give or take a day or two. We started working in April at least 1-2 hours a day, pulling debris, algae and any number of things from the pool and brushing everything even though we couldn't see anything. We tried to SLAM in May but for whatever reason it did not work. So we went back to digging debris out everyday only adding a gallon of bleach a day. About a month later, we then dumped about 15 gallons of bleach in and some floc, it cleared the water enough that we found out our filter was throwing sand back into the pool. So we replaced the laterals and sand. We then started what turned out to be our final SLAM and after 5 days we passed the OCLT and we're done!

2016-07-19 13.22.36.jpg
This is from the day we opened it, our failed SLAM and the final result.

2016-07-19 13.06.33.jpg
This was our progress for our final attempt. The bleach and floc, on the 10th we discovered the filter problem so everything was on hold until we got the parts in. On the 13th we started the SLAM process. Did an OCLT on the 16th and failed so tried again on the 17th and passed!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.