Specific times of the day where I should run the pump?

May 28, 2009
I also have a question about my pump. I have a sand filter and a 25,000 gal IG Vnyl pool. The pump usually throws out 80 gal/min.

With a sand filter do I need to leave the pump on all the time?

Also, it looks like a 5.5 hour turnaround. If I don't need to run the pump all the time would it be recommended to start at around 10 hours? Are there any specific times of the day where I should run the pump?

Oh and my first post :) I love this forum and am super excited I found it.

Thanks in advance

TheExecutive said:
I also have a question about my pump. I have a sand filter and a 25,000 gal IG Vnyl pool. The pump usually throws out 80 gal/min.

With a sand filter do I need to leave the pump on all the time?

Also, it looks like a 5.5 hour turnaround. If I don't need to run the pump all the time would it be recommended to start at around 10 hours? Are there any specific times of the day where I should run the pump?

Oh and my first post :) I love this forum and am super excited I found it.

Thanks in advance

I would start at 10-12 hours, and you can try to push it back hour by hour - note any changes in water clarity/balance, until you find your ideal time.

I personally think it's best to run the pump during the day to prevent FC dead spots. At least 1/2 the total run time during the day. Also when you have swimmers present, have the pump on. Welcome :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.