Raising FC

Some questions for you before you do anything else:
- How did you add the stabilizer?
- When did you add the stabilizer and why do you think you have to wait until Friday?
- How does your water look (hazy, green, perfectly clear?)

I ask because your CC is elevated which is a warning sign you may need to SLAM first. Best to do that at a lower CYA level before popping it up for your SWG. But yes, you can always use regular bleach to help augment your SWG.

The week rule was revised this year after some extensive testing. So if the sock was all dissolved last Friday, you should be able to test now. We estimate most CYA should be testable in 24-48 hours. So good - clear water. Nice. Then yes, definitely add some bleach to get your FC up until you get the SWG dialed-in the way you want it. Hope that helps.

If the water is crystal clear, I don't think you need to go into a full on SLAM. I'd raise the FC up a little over target and let that work all day. Check it again late this afternoon, we should be sunny today so I have a feeling that CC should burn off and you should be good.

If you want to be 100% sure, you could do an OCLT tonight (with the SWG off) to see where you are.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maximum FC loss for a hot sunny summer day like we should have today would be <= 4. If you are at 5 this morning, I would add 1/2 gallon of 10% (that's what I get in Pool Math for 11.6k, rounding up. Please check behind me and adjust for your bleach strength) to get to 9. If you were below 5 late this afternoon, that would be indicative of a problem.

e: wow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.