Layton. Utah
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
So i studied a TON last year, and of course as it does you loose a bit :) So have had the pool open for a few weeks now, so i decided to check my numbers (I am assuming the test kit sitting in the garage sealed is still good from last year??)

Heres the numbers..

TA 90
CYA less then 20
CH 225
FC .5 (barely pink)
CC 0
PH 7.5... I try to keep it closer to 7.2 less hazing that way

Now What i have been doing is alternating a puck int he skimmer with Liquid bleach when the puck runs out... last year I started to get a little high on CYA from Supply store products vs learning from here...

So this year it seems i have used a bit more Acid then last... still only use when cloudy..

Pool is pretty dang clear... I waited 3 days after doing anything with chems, so i didnt get a weird reading..

So the question is... with this info... am i doing good?? nothing to worry about and just keep chugging along...

Always nice to get 2nd and 3rd opinions..

Thanks

A few things to help get you going:
- Increase CYA to at least 30. If you want to use a couple pucks that's fine, but never place them in the skimmer. Use a floater instead.
- Pucks are also acidic which may account for helping to keep pH down
- Increase FC right away with some regular bleach. Get it to about 5 ppm for now.
- The pH shouldn't have any effect on your cloudiness. I suspect that's because of your low FC and algae trying to bloom.
- You should consider doing an Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) to rule-out algae.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. Or you can click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.