A Stenner Success Story

Mongo

Feb 1, 2013
First, thanks to this forum for cluing me on to peristaltic pumps. I travel a lot, so I absolutely love this setup.

I bought a Stenner 45MPH 10 gallon per day, about $210. Bought an Intermatic programmable timer, about $20. Programmable. Bought a 15 gallon opaque blue tank for $20. Hardest part of the installation was lugging the chlorine home.

I run my pump on low speed for circulation most of the say, but ramp it up to high speed for cleaning. I have the Stenner programmed to run for 50 minutes a day during the pool pump's high speed run. It's easy to change the program for a longer or shorter run, or to simply override the program and turn the pump ON.

I'm going to replumb my pool next year, so here's the cobbled together installation for this season.

stenner1.jpg
stenner2.jpg
stenner3.jpg

Stenner pump was purchased from Locke Well and Pump. $208. Pump ships with feed hose and all the kibbles and bits to get it connected. I left my hoses long and looped them on the wall because I'll be relocating things next spring.

Without a doubt I think the better way to go with these pumps is to get a fixed rate pump and a timer to control it versus the variable feed pump that is running for hours at a time but meters chlorine through the "click click click" mechanism.

http://http://www.lockewell.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6_19_24&products_id=145

That is awesome. Do you get the 5 gallon container filled from the pool store or do you fill from chlorine or bleach jugs? I don't think I can get the 5 gallon chlorine already filled where I am.

Last edited:
The blue storage jug is a 15 gallon jug, used. It was used to hold juice concentrate. Smelled pretty darn nice when I got it!

I buy 12% chlorine by the 4-gallon case at a local discount store, NOT a pool store. Filled the 15 gallon blue jug with that.

The blue storage jug is a 15 gallon jug, used. It was used to hold juice concentrate. Smelled pretty darn nice when I got it!

I buy 12% chlorine by the 4-gallon case at a local discount store, NOT a pool store. Filled the 15 gallon blue jug with that.

Did you buy the storage tank online, or from somewhere local? I've found them (new) at Uline for closer to $60 with shipping; would love to find one locally either new or used.

Did you buy the storage tank online, or from somewhere local? I've found them (new) at Uline for closer to $60 with shipping; would love to find one locally either new or used.

As you discovered, new were expensive, so I first looked used/local on craigslist. There were some available, but the sellers were asking $35-$40 firm.

Looked on eBay, which I normally don't do. Found someone selling and they had a "make an offer" button, so I offered $20 with shipping included and they accepted. I don't have a record fo the transaction, but I recall the seller being in Virginia.

Jug arrived fine, great shape, just a residual sweet smell from the juice concentrate. Looks pretty new.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.