Pentair Racer Cleaner - Is it a good cleaner?? Any other options better?

Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, TX
Ok, this is my first TFP post! We are building a new pool (almost done with engineering) and the designer has recommended a Pentair Racer Cleaner. Wanting info on if this a great cleaner, pros/cons, or better recommendations. This is our first pool, so we are total rookies. Thanks in advance.

I have a Racer that came with pool. It does a pretty good job cleaning except we have a free form pool with some tight curve type niches. It does not do so good in those spots. Once you get the wheel rotation dialed in ( easy ) and the back spray jet dialed in ( easy ) it does a good job. We have had to have the catch bag replaced once because of bad sewing job on velcro closer. We also had a drive wheel break off ( chep plastic now days ). Had a swivel conector fail and they sent out ASAP. Called Pentair warranty and bag was sent out ASAP! My PB called warranty for the wheel and was repaired in 3 days.
All in all I think it does just as good a job as others once you get it dialed in for your particular pool. Picks up all the leaves , moss, small sticks, and golf balls we get ( on golf course ). When we clean bag even on days when no leaves the amount of unseen dirt it picks up is amazing.

Which cleaner did you go with and are you happy. Have a new pool - 14 months old now, have a Racer and really like it. Have never had a pool or cleaner before - but it is amazing at what it cleans. We have a Live Oak tree almost directly above the pool (I know - it's getting cut way back during the winter) this thing has already picked up so many acorns - literally several bussel each season now in the fall, and in the spring the tree drops its leaves - it does a great job in the pool. Only problem for me is I have a sunning ledge and I have to sweep it off usually twice a day because the acorns will stain, but once they are swept off the racer takes good care of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.